Darlington Citizens Advice Bureau is a local independent registered charity reliant on income from local authorities, companies, charitable trusts and individuals.
We are looking for a creative individual who is willing to help fundraise for Darlington CAB. We are looking to have volunteers on-board who value our work and can help with fundraising and publicity. Your support to help us deliver this and continue to grow our fundraising presence will be invaluable. In return you will gain experience with a local charity as well as using and developing your creative skills.
Where, when & how often?
The role is situated at Darlington CAB, Bennet House, Horsemarket, Darlington, DL1 5PT.
It is an immediate start and time commitment will be agreed with your line manager but we are ideally looking for a commitment of a minimum of 4 hours per week volunteering during office hours (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm)
What will I be doing?
This role will involve:
- Assisting in planning an achievable approach to raise funds to meet fundraising objectives
- Supporting the organising & co-ordinating of fundraising activities
- Researching sources of funds from various places, including grant giving Trusts
- Ensuring all fundraising activities are ethical and meet all legal and local council requirements.
Is this the role for me?
- The role may be ideal for you if you:
- Have the skills to make achievable plans and putting these into action
- Have the ability to make local community links
- Have good oral & written communication skills
- Are able to research and source funding opportunities
- Are able to plan and supervise events
- Are friendly and approachable and can work as part of a team
What do I have to do before I start?
We will meet with selected applicants to discuss the role further and take up two references. You will have an initial induction when you commence this volunteer role.
How will I be supported during my volunteering?
You will receive appropriate training and support whilst you are volunteering with us and will have a point of contact within the organisation.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be supporting Darlington CAB in making a real difference to the lives of those who have need of our services.
- You will gain experience of working on a local level
- You will have the opportunity to use and develop your personal attributes and skills – planning and creativity.
- Citizens Advice in Darlington is moving Our office at Bennet House will close at: 6pm on Wednesday 21st February 2… https://t.co/gv0GgLf4Bg
- Want to get involved in your #community and #makeadifference to people’s lives? Come and #Volunteer with our team.… https://t.co/Asg063MYmx
- Find out how you can get involved and support our team of #Staff and #Volunteers at https://t.co/kkAuZLUKjC pic.twitter.com/gvtjjUs70b