Marketing & Communications Volunteer
Darlington Citizens Advice Bureau would like to raise its profile in the local community to attract funding, recruit volunteers, promote local and national CAB campaigns and to ensure that potential clients know how to access our services.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who is willing to help raise the profile of Darlington CAB. We are looking to grow our audiences on Facebook and Twitter in the coming year. Your support to help us deliver this and continue to grow our presence through social media and in the media will be invaluable. In return you will gain experience with a local charity as well as developing office-based competencies.
Where, when & how often?
The role is situated at Darlington CAB, Bennet House, Horsemarket, Darlington, DL1 5PT.
It is an immediate start and time commitment will be agreed with your line manager but we are ideally looking for a commitment of a minimum of 4 hours per week volunteering during office hours (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm)
What will I be doing?
This role will involve:
- Supporting Darlington CAB marketing & communications activity
- Writing & posting content on Social Media channels including Facebook and Twitter.
- Monitoring digital activity across web, email and social media
- Assisting in the production of promotional materials to use locally
- Tailor press releases issued by the National Citizens Advice press office for local use.
- Build relationships with local media outlets & pursue coverage for the Bureau in local press, TV & radio.
Is this the role for me?
The role may be ideal for you if you:
- Have knowledge of digital trends and a passion for online media
- Have a good understanding of Social Media channels in particular Facebook and Twitter
- Have good IT skills and experience
- Have good oral and written communications skills
- Can efficiently carry out tasks, with attention to detail
- Have a flexible approach
- Have a commitment to Darlington CAB’s expectations around aims and principles
What do I have to do before I start?
We will meet with selected applicants to discuss the role further and take up two references. You will have an initial induction when you commence this volunteer role.
How will I be supported during my volunteering?
You will receive appropriate training and support whilst you are volunteering with us and will have a point of contact within the organisation.
What’s in it for me?
- You will be supporting Darlington CAB in making a real difference to the lives of those who have need of our services.
- You will gain experience of working on a local level.
- You will have the chance to build on your existing marketing and communication skills
- Nearly 2000 families came to @CitizensAdvice for help with illegal evictions last year - over a 40% increase since… https://t.co/4f99qH283V
- Can you be made redundant while on maternity leave? @CitizensAdvice employment expert shares our advice in… https://t.co/jZ1JcAx1d1
- A council home should be suitable for your needs. If you think you’ve been offered an unsuitable home, we can help https://t.co/NzVJi97yDo