What will you do?
- complete an introduction to Citizens Advice and training for your role
- welcome all clients and other visitors to the local Citizens Advice
- explain to the client how long they might be waiting and what will happen and give out a form for them to fill in
- type up information from the client form onto a database
- answer the telephone, reply to emails and post
- help with the day to day running of the Citizens Advice service
What’s in it for you?
- gain and build on valuable skills and experience such as communication,IT skills and working in a team
- increase your employability
- contribute to the smooth running of the advice service which makes a real difference to people's’ lives
- work with a range of different people, independently and in a team. And we’ll reimburse expenses too. What do you need to have? You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
- be friendly and approachable
- be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are different from your own
- have good IT skills
- be calm under pressure
What do you need to have?
- be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
- be willing to undertake training in your role
How much time do you need to give?
We can be flexible about the time spent and how often you volunteer so come
and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome
applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health
conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority
Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming a customer service volunteer / reception
volunteer and would like to discuss flexibility around time, ‘what you will do’ and
how we can support you, please contact us.
email@example.com or 01325 266888 x110