Some examples of what you could do:
And we’ll reimburse travelling expenses too up to £3.50 per day.
You don’t need specific qualifications or skills but you’ll need to:
● be friendly and approachable
● be non-judgmental and respect views, values and cultures that are
different from your own
● have good listening skills
● have excellent verbal and written communication skills
● have good maths and IT skills
● be able to understand information and explain it to others
● be willing to learn about and follow the Citizens Advice aims, principles
and policies, including confidentiality and data protection
● be willing to undertake training in your role
Ideally we ask for 6 hours per week, which can be over one day or spread over two days, for at least 6 months.
We can be flexible so come and talk to us.
Our volunteers come from a range of backgrounds and we particularly welcome applications from disabled people, people with physical or mental health conditions, LGBT+ and non-binary people, and people from Black Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities.
If you are interested in becoming an assessor and would like to discuss flexibility
around time, ‘what you will do’ and how we can support you, please contact us.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01325 266888 x110